Under the purview and directive of the American Corner Program Manager, HackathonGirls and the U.S. Embassy in Banjul, potential candidates are hereby welcome to apply for the position of a Deputy Program Manager for the American Corner Internship Program (AMCIP).
If you are a beneficiary of any United States Exchange Program or have worked at the American Corner as an Intern or Volunteer, then you’re highly encouraged to apply.
- Assist Program Manager to oversee operations and logistics of two physical spaces and programming components of the American Corners·
- Ensure program participants comply with guidelines; address disciplinary issues with professionalism in accordance with U.S. and Gambian legal considerations.
- Assist Program Manager to provide timely reporting on program status and budgets to HackathonGirls and U.S. Embassy Banjul.
- Assist to execute a dynamic programmatic plan (both at the corner and online) that engages The Gambia’s youth bulge and leverages their potential to be a force for economic and democratic empowerment.
- University Degree (bachelor’s degree / first level)
- Gambian citizen or legally permitted to work in The Gambia (documents will be requested)
- Language: English Level 4 (Fluent) Speaking/Reading/Writing is required. Be able to speak either Wolof or Mandinka.
How to apply:
- Resume or CV saved as a PDF with the File name in the following format: (Last Name_First Name_CV.pdf). CV should not exceed two pages.
- CV Should not include any information on any protected status (Age, Gender, Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity, Marital Status, Disability Status, Religion, Ethnicity, Nation of Origin)
300 – 500 words essay on why you should be hired for this position.
- All applications must be submitted to: firstname.lastname@example.org, and Cc: PublicDiplomacyBanjul@state.gov
Application Deadline: November 9, 2023 at 11:59 GMT. Please note that late or incomplete applications will not be considered.