Updated December 19, 2022
The CDC’s Order requiring proof of vaccination for non-U.S. citizen nonimmigrants to travel to the United States is still in effect. For more information see Requirement for Proof of COVID-19 Vaccination for Air Passengers .
Entry and Exit Requirements
- Are U.S. citizens permitted to enter The Gambia? Yes
- Is a negative COVID-19 test (PCR and/or serology) required for entry? No
On December 13, 2022, the Government of The Gambia lifted all COVID-related entry requirements. U.S. citizens do not need to be vaccinated against COVID-19 or need a negative COVID-19 test to enter The Gambia.
- Are health screening procedures in place at airports and other ports of entry? No
- Are U.S. citizens required to quarantine? No.
- Are PCR and/or antigen tests available for U.S. citizens in The Gambia? Yes
- If so, are test results reliably available within one calendar day? Yes
They are generally, but not always, available in one calendar day. COVID-19 testing is available at several Gambian government-run testing facilities including KMC, Senegambia and Brusubi Main Roundabout, adjacent to Petroleum House, WCR. Testing is typically available at the Gambian government-run sites Monday – Friday and costs 2,500 dalasi (approximately $41.00). Payment must be made prior to testing at EcoBank.
- Tests results are provided by accessing the website, https://results.moh.gm/#/ .
- For more information on local testing, please visit the Ministry of Health’s website and Facebook sites.
COVID-19 Vaccine Information:
- Are vaccines available in The Gambia for U.S. citizens to receive? Yes
- For more information about vaccine availability and vaccination locations, please visit the Ministry of Health’s website and Facebook
- Visit the FDA’s website to learn more about FDA-approved vaccines in the United States.
- The Gambia’s Ministry of Health Website
- Regular updates are posted to the Ministry of Health’s and the State House of The Gambia’s official Facebook Page.
- The Gambian government has set up a free national hotline for COVID-19 concerns and questions, which can be reached by dialing 1025 within The Gambia.