Location: Kairaba Avenue, between Pipeline Mosque and the U.S. Embassy
Event: On Saturday, June 27 between 10:00 and 11:00, a demonstration is expected in front of the Embassy to protest current events in the United States.
While The Gambia is under a State of Public Emergency limiting public gatherings, there are reports that the organizers have been granted a permit to proceed with the protest.
Due to COVID-19, U.S. government personnel are in maximum telework status, and have been advised to avoid the area of the Embassy on June 27. The Consular Section of the U.S. Embassy and American corners remain closed to visitors and staff.
Actions to take:
- Be aware of your surroundings.
- Exercise caution if unexpectedly in the vicinity of large gatherings or protests.
- Monitor local media for updates.
- U.S. Embassy Banjul, The Gambia
- During regular operating hours: +220-438-1341
- After-hours emergency: +220-439-2856
- U.S. Embassy Banjul website: https://gm.usembassy.gov/
- State Department – Consular Affairs: 888-407-4747 or 202-501-4444
- The Gambia Country Specific Information
- Enroll in Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive security updates
- Follow us on Facebook and Twitter