Location: In front of the U.S. Embassy and the American Corner on Kairaba Avenue.
Event: The U.S. Embassy in Banjul has received reports that there have been calls to potential demonstrations in front of the Embassy on Monday, June 8, 2020, to protest current events in the United States.
While The Gambia is under a State of Public Emergency limiting public gatherings, the possibility remains that some individuals may proceed with a demonstration at this time. Due to COVID-19, U.S. government personnel are in maximum telework status, and have been advised to avoid the area of the Embassy on June 8. The Consular Section of the U.S. Embassy and American corners remain closed to visitors and staff.
Actions to take:
- Be aware of your surroundings.
- Exercise caution if unexpectedly in the vicinity of large gatherings or protests
- Monitor local media for updates.
- U.S. Embassy Banjul, The Gambia During regular operating hours: +220-438-1341
- After-hours emergency: +220-439-2856
- U.S. Embassy Banjul website: https://gm.usembassy.gov/