The U.S. Embassy is now accepting applications for the FY2021 Ambassador’s Special Self-Help Fund Program. Communities and organizations throughout The Gambia are welcome to submit project proposals that benefit communities throughout the country.
The Self-Help Fund can provide up to $6,000 U.S. Dollars in small-scale assistance to community-led initiatives. Competitive projects are those that:
- Improve basic economic or social conditions at the local community by funding the expansion of an existing project;
- Have the potential to produce employment and marketable skills;
- Assist vulnerable groups;
- Support high-impact, quick-implementation activities which benefit a large number of people within one year without requiring further assistance;
- Have the potential to generate additional income; and
- Involve a significant local contribution in cash, labor, or material, and are within the ability of the local community to operate and maintain.
Cooperatives applying for the grant must have an active registration with The Gambian Cooperative Agency at the time of application submission.
Point of Contact: Programs Coordinator Tel: 438-1354 ext 21354 or Email: PolEconBanjul@state.gov
All applications must be submitted in English by e-mail to PolEconBanjul@state.gov on or before July 15, 2022, 12:00 p.m. (noon).
The Application Instructions are available here: https://uploads.mwp.mprod.getusinfo.com/uploads/sites/53/2022/06/Application-Instruction-Ambassadors-Small-Grants-Program-FY2021.pdf
The Application Form is available here: https://uploads.mwp.mprod.getusinfo.com/uploads/sites/53/2022/06/Application-form-for-the-Ambassadors-Special-Self-Help-Grant-FY2021.docx