Passport Services

Passport Services are available Mondays, Tuesdays and Thursdays  by appointment only.

 All routine consular services at the U.S. Embassy Banjul, The Gambia are provided by appointments only to all U.S. citizens visiting or residing in The Gambia.

Emergency cases (such as medical emergencies, deaths or arrests involving American citizens) may still be handled on a walk-in basis during normal Embassy hours, or after hours by calling the Embassy duty officer.

The American Citizen Services Section is closed to the public on American and Gambian public holidays.

APPOINTMENTS:  Please click here for complete information about applying for a U.S. passport, renewals, fees and downloadable application forms.

Passport Forms:

To apply for a passport, you can

1. Complete Application Online, or
2. Download Application Form (DS-82) (PDF 81.2KB)

If your passport is lost or stolen, you are advised to report the loss/theft to the local Gambian police in the area in which it occurred. In order to replace the passport, it will be necessary for you to appear personally at the Embassy. You should submit your application for a replacement passport as soon as possible after the loss or theft is discovered.

Please click here for the downloadable DS-11 and DS-64 forms, fees and additional information.


The application fee payment methods are:

  • Cash – either U.S. dollars or Gambian dalasi;
  • Credit card – Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Discover, or Diners Club;

Note: The Embassy is not authorized to accept personal checks.

Method of Application

You are required to apply for the passport in person at this office.

Processing Time

An application for a full-validity (ten years for adults; five years for children under age 16) passport will be sent to the United States for printing with a secure, photo-digitized image of the bearer. You should allow 15 working days for your application to be processed.

If you need to travel for emergency purposes within 15 working days and can provide evidence of this travel, you may be eligible for an emergency limited-validity passport.